Monday, May 26, 2008

day 5, 12:55pm, o-settai day

yesterday i ended up just short of temple 13. while i was looking for a place to camp a woman came out on the road to see me. i told her what i was doing and she said i could camp in her garden.

when her husband came home from work, they offered me a shower. they were so kind. this morning i had another shower and they invited me to breakfast. to top it off, they gave me some bread and sweets for lunch. i couldn't thank them enough. thank you hayashi-san.

yesterday's mileage was 21.5km. today is a bit easier so i'm hoping i can make it to temple 18 today. i'm having my lunch at temple 17 right now. i've received a lot of food as osettai. umeboshi (pickled) seems to be a popular thing to give out. it's going to take me a week to frinish them.

ps. i've been receiving lots of e-mails of support. thank you, it's good to know i'm not alone. it's difficult to answer as often as i like. that is why i made the blog. but if i get some freetime i'll try to get atleast one letter to everyone. and please, send as many as you like. :)

cheers,
colin

temple 18 is another 17km. wish me luck!