Friday, June 20, 2008

day 29, 8:08pm, real hunger

ok, my last post was going to be this post but it turned into a post about the rain. i forgot to change the title, hence the completely unrelated title.

hunger. i'm really hungry. all of the time. even after i eat, and my stomache is full my brain is telling me i need more food. it's like the food in my stomache isn't digesting fast enough and my body can't wait any longer.

i've found one short term solution that makes the hunger disappear. i eat an ice-cream bar and chase it with 500ml bottle of water or tea. it's wonderfully cold and it produces a filling sugar liquid slurry in my stomache which turns off my sense of hunger for a while.

i kind of feel like a hummingbird. i get nutritious food in the morning and evening, but during the day i only want sugars.

i had read about the weightloss and feelings of hunger on long distance hikes. i thought i would be immune since this is not the wilderness and there is food everywhere. it is an interesting feeling.
later,