Wednesday, June 25, 2008

day 34, 8:17pm, contest results

first of all, i'd like to thank everybody who sent in an answer for the "guess colin's weight" contest. i didn't expect so many entries.

second, there was a little confusion about the contest answer. it was to guess my weightloss as of day 26, at dogo onsen and not my weight at the end of the trip. on top of that there were some overly ambitious answers. (i'm not on a death march. there are convinence stores and vending machines almost every kilometer.)
so, there will be a consulation prize for the person whose answer comes closest to my final weight (to be measured the day i finish the trip).

results
my weight before leaving for shikoku: 113.0kg

my weight at dogo onsen (day 26): 104.7kg, a loss of 8.3kg!

two people tied for the prize, uncle bjarni from manitoba, canada (again) and ai from shizuoka, japan.
since, bjarni has already won a prize, the prize will go to ai (i'll throw in something extra for you, uncle bjarni). cogratulations ai!

there were many more much larger guesses, and you'll get a second chance at a prize late next week. and please no e-mails asking me to eat more or less. :)

later,