Tuesday, July 1, 2008

day 41, 12:03pm, heat stroke or heat exhaustion

i keep getting those two mixed up, but i think i'm suffering from the least severe of the two. :)

finished yesterday feeling tired. after i settled in for the night i started to feel a bit sick. i had no desire to eat or drink. i forced myself to eat and drink but it didn't make me feel any better.
i was hot. my head was radiating heat like i'd gotten a bad sunburn. and i was having to go to the toilet every 20min.
so i forced myself to drink as much as i could and i wiped myself down with cold water during every washroom trip.
to top things off, i developed a really bad headache. needless to say that with all of the toilet trips, the upset stomach and the headache i couldn't get to sleep.
finally, i decided to take a couple tylenol 3s, the strong painkillers i had brought for emergencies. they did the trick. i got some sleep last night and i've been able to drink water without feeling sick.

i'm taking it easy today. it's much cooler today but my appetite still hasn't come back (not even for ice-cream, scary!).

oh, and i'm at temple 88 now. it's nice but my experience has been soured a bit by the encounter i just had at the temple stamp office. i asked if i could get a stamp on some washi paper so that i could frame it as a picture. the stamp guy wouldn't do it and he was very... terse with me about it.

oh well. what can you do?

i'm going to see if i can stay at a minshiku tonight. i think i could really use the airconditioning and a cool shower tonight.

no worries though, despite the drama that i may inject into my posts, i'm ok.

later,