Thursday, July 10, 2008

final contest results

hey, i'm back. it's been a crazy week, but i'll get into that in another post.

i'd like to announce the winner of the 'guess colin's weightloss' consolation prize.
as i said before, there were many guesses at my first two and a half weeks at weightloss and a lot of them were much to ambitious to be in contention for the prize. so, i gave those ambitious guesses a second chance with my 'final weightloss contest'.

my weight as recorded at dogo onsen was 104.7kg, a loss of 8.3kg from my previous weight.
the day after i returned from shikoku, i was able to record my weight at another onsen.
my recorded weight at the end of the trip was... 103.9kg. a total loss of 9.1kg from my previous weight.

i know. it was not what i was expecting either. i think my appetite did finally catch up to me, or maybe i had already finished losing all of the easy weight, or perhaps i dramatically put on 3 to 4kg of pure muscle in the last two weeks. :)

regardless, i feel great and as long as i don't fall into old habits the kilograms will continue to drop over the next few weeks.

so the winner of the contest this time around is auntie crystal from manitoba, canada! her guess was the best from those who haven't already received a prize or some sort of souvenir in the mail.

thanks again for all of the entries. the contest was a fun distraction during the trip.

i'm still not done. i'll put up a few more posts in the next couple of days.